Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Childish Whim



I seek my shadow, looking for the enigma twice untold,
Falsified and bold
It skips away
from much which i behold.

I search my land, I search with my hands.
Bend and bent, it eludes me.
I look and see
but its not to be

Stay I shout!

It looks back
Silly silhouette
It mocks me
for the umpteen time

"I am you "
Said it, shocking me
Cajoling me
Madness

Stunned and Bewildered I listened

Why do you always look to what you don't have?

Frightened and confused
I wonder
A point made
That had me shudder

Why do you seek and not see?

Flippant my senses
Leaves me
I look down
Thus i see

You are indeed
me
The shadow
The friend

You were always here
i was afraid to fear
but now i see
You never eluded me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He tells me I am You and I tell him I am You all the time. It gets to a point where you don't see your shadow anymore. We have no shadows. We just have ourselves.

When the light hits on my opaque body, I see no shadow. He sees no shadow either.

I see a mirror.